Available | Disponible : French
The Quebec government has announced today the reopening of the immigration program for skilled workers in two parts:
- Submission of applications in “paper” format for skilled workers must be made by mail from November 4, 2015;
- Submission of applications “on line” are accepted from January 18, 2016.
In both cases, the total number of requests has been set at 6300 applications in total. It is expected that the quota will be filled very quickly.
It should be noted that certain categories of applicants are excluded from this quota and may file applications at any time:
- – Holders of work permits, study permits that qualify for filing their cases in Quebec ;
- – Holders of a validated job offer in Quebec;
- – Some categories may apply in Quebec based on humanitarian grounds as determined by the federal government.
Our team of experienced lawyers can help you prepare an immigration application by first conducting an assessment of your chances to qualify in the Quebec Skilled Worker program. This program is based on a system in which points are awarded for things such as work experience, language skills in French and English, age, level and field of study, family situation, etc. The requirements concerning the format of documents have been established very strictly by the Quebec government.
Under the Canadian Constitution, the province of Quebec, through its minority language status in Canada has the right to select its immigrants according to criteria established by the Quebec government. Applicants must demonstrate their intention to settle in Quebec.
Do not hesitate to contact Mélanie Couture and our team of lawyers in immigration law as soon as possible in order to take advantage of this opportunity to apply for immigration to Canada.