Business strategy, communications and public affairs, Latin American and Iberian markets
Originally from Uruguay, Alfredo Moreira has over 35 years of experience (Europe / Americas) in matters of international trade, development and access to markets, including international bidding and strategies of business in Latin America and Iberian markets.
Author of numerous publications on law and business in Latin America and on NAFTA, Alfredo Moreira has chaired the Standing Committee on Public Procurement at the 6th Americas Business Forum, and acted as a reporter at the Ministerial Hemispheric Summit of Buenos Aires in 2001.
- Called to the Quebec Bar, 1988 (not registered on the roll of the Bar since April 1, 2017)
- Bachelor of Law, Laval University, 1986
- Licence en droit, Université de Paris, 1980
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Mexico-Canada Chamber of Commerce, 1999-2001
- National Board member of the Brazil-Canada Chamber of Commerce and President of the Quebec chapter, 1993-2004
- National Board member of the Canadian Council for the Americas (CCA) and President of the Quebec chapter, 1993-2011
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Association of Canadian Exporters, Quebec Section, 1993-1996
- Chairman of the Hispano-Canadian Chamber of Commerce, 1990-1993
- Secretary-General of the Hispano-Canadian Chamber of Commerce, 1988-1990