Corporate and Commercial Law Specialist, Outside General Counsel
Laurier Beauchamp is a senior legal counsel with extensive multinational and domestic business acumen, based on 30 years’ experience in national and international commercial and corporate law, executing complex corporate transactions and commercially driven projects including:
- Acquisition or sales of shares or assets, commercial leases, construction contracts, distribution, import/export licensing or manufacturing agreements, commercial contracts, due diligence, litigation of consignment agreements, employment and termination agreements, labour and employment disputes, non-competition agreements;
- Various transactions with particular emphasis on import/export of various products, safety and food standards, cross-border packaging and labeling for meat and dairy products, regulatory approvals to bring product to market, safety hazards, product liability and Quebec specific laws, including consumer protection, French language requirements and restrictions on advertising to children;
- Counselling numerous corporations and associations on corporate and commercial/trade issues in a wide range of industry sectors including aeronautics, heavy equipment and machinery, consumer goods (clothing, textile, and footwear), vegetables, beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals, meat and dairy products, including probiotics.
He provides a full range of services to a wide variety of private sector clients, from start-ups and mid-size growth companies to large national and international manufacturers, retailers, importers, exporters, marketers or advertising agencies. His services cover each stage of business development, from inception and establishment of a business to its dissolution, including directors’ and officers’ duties and liabilities, business planning and structuring, and good manufacturing practices.
We are convivial, dedicated to our clients and passionate with national and international commercial and corporate laws and regulations. We are proud of our ability to find practical solutions and assist our clients in implementing them successfully. – L. Beauchamp.
Outside General Counsel
He has acted as outside general counsel to numerous national and multinational corporations and has counselled and represented these corporations, their directors and shareholders in commercial, corporate and civil law disputes and law suits before different levels of Quebec and federal courts.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Serving a wide range of valued clients, Laurier Beauchamp has developed solid expertise in commercial disputes, contractor disputes, import/export settlements, breach of contract claims, product liability litigation and arbitration.
We always work very hard to help our clients avoid litigation by seeking alternatives and often times we develop very creative means of resolving disputes. I am a solution driven lawyer since I understand that litigation can be distractive and very costly for any company. We aim to provide value-added and cost-effective professional services. – L. Beauchamp
Active in the business and trade community, and in several related associations, Laurier Beauchamp sits on the Board of Directors of several companies operating in Canada.
Over the years, Laurier has delivered several conferences and presentations in front of business audiences both in Canada and in the United States.
- Called to the Quebec Bar, 1984
- Bachelor of civil law, University of Ottawa, 1983
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Ottawa, 1978