Corporate Finance and Securities Specialist
John Mavridis is a Montreal-based business lawyer solving problems for clients in Canada, the United States and Europe and sometimes farther afield. He has a varied experience in corporate finance, securities law and corporate reorganizations and in his over 25 years of practice has dealt with problems in all types of business matters standing with his clients in good times and bad. His primary focus is in the representation of private and public companies active in the fields of resource exploration and mining, as well as technology-centric companies. He also assists registrants with their obligations to the Autorité des marchés financiers and other securities regulatory authorities.
After having spent over a decade of his career working with some of the best lawyers in Montreal’s leading law firms, John joined his clients as outside general counsel. As a business person’s lawyer and confidante, he has lead numerous transactions including financings, acquisitions and reorganizations. He has also served as a director for his corporate clients and has advised on corporate governance issues. John has also completed the Directors Education Program of the Institute of Corporate Directors.
- McGill University (Desautels School of Management) and Institute of Corporate Directors– Directors’ Education Program; ICD-Certified Director (ICD.D), 2008
- Harvard Law School – Program of Instruction for Lawyers – Negotiation workshop, July 1999
- Université de Montréal – Faculty of Graduate Studies – Obtention of a master’s degree in law (LL.M.) with his thesis entitled “Materiality in Securities Disclosures in Québec”, 1992
- Québec Bar School – Admitted to the Québec Bar, 1989
- Université de Montréal – Faculty of Law – Obtention of a Bachelors of Law Degree (LL.B.), 1987
- McGill University – Faculty of Arts & Sciences (Economics), 1984
Current Professional Association
- Member of the Quebec Bar
- President of the Foundation of Dawson College
- Member of the Board of Governors of Dawson College, Audit Committee
- Participated in the foundation of the Clean Rocks Organization
- Participated on the Team Canada trade mission including the Prime Minister of Canada and numerous Premiers to Latin America, including Mexico City (Mexico), Santiago (Chile), Brasilia and Sao Paolo (Brazil) and Buenos Aires (Argentina).
- Founding member of the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montréal, 1993-1999
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Jean-Talon Hospital, 1992-1995
- Lecturer at the Department of Law at the University of Québec in Montréal, 1994-1996