International Mobility and Corporate Law Specialist
Hynek Zikovsky is an attorney practicing corporate and international law at CMKZ.
In private practice since 1982, the areas of expertise of Hynek Zikovsky focus on international corporate law, including foreign direct investment, joint venture companies, major commercial litigation, international licensing and contracting as well as on international mobility programs.
With a solid reputation as a litigator, Hynek Zikovsky represented major companies involved in complex disputes and often involving multiple jurisdictions and is consulted in major commercial litigation cases. He is an accredited mediator.
Since the dramatic changes in Eastern Europe with the fall of the Soviet Bloc, he represents and advises Canadian and European companies doing business in that region and companies from Easter Europe and CIS that do or desire to do business in North America. He participated in the creation and implementation of foreign subsidiaries in the Czech, Slovak republics, Belgium and Austria. He regularly visits and intervenes as a speaker on the practical and legal aspects of trade with Eastern European countries or in North America.
Throughout his practice, Hynek Zikovsky has frequently represented entrepreneurs and foreign investors (and their families) before Federal and Provincial tribunals, attended to obtaining visas and Canadian long-term work permits expeditiously, as well as permanent residency in Canada. With the support of the firm and business relationships, Hynek Zikovsky assists foreign entrepreneurs with the acquisition or equity participation in Canadian companies often in connection with applications for Canadian permanent residency for investors’ families.
Hynek Zikovsky acquired extensive knowledge of International Mobility programs for High Net Worth Families (HNWF) when he was the Managing Partner of Henley & Partners Canada (www.henleyglobal.com 2008-2013) and his expertise is still much sought by HNWF.
- Bachelor of Common Law, McGill University, 1984
- Called to the Quebec Bar, 1982
- Bachelor of Civil Law, McGill University, 1981
- Doctoral diploma in Public International Law, University of Prague, 1975
- Degree in Law, University of Prague, 1974
- Member, Canadian, Quebec and International Bar Associations
- Honorary Consul of the Czech Republic for the Province of Quebec
- Counselor at the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Ottawa
- Member of many Canadian trade missions to Eastern Europe and Russia
- Member of the Czech Bar Association
- Vice President, International Chamber of Commerce Canada-Czech Republic